- * 3 medium yellow squash,
- * 2 small red onion, diced
- * 1 bag (2 cup) shredded carrot
- * 1 bag (2 cup) frozen pea
- * 6 large clove garlic, chopped
- * 2 free range chicken breast i used pre cooked breast from
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt your butter then add chopped onions, garlic, and shredded carrots and let sweat for about 4-5 mins.
- Next add diced yellow squash, herbs de provence, sea salt and pepper to taste. Stir veggies so the herbs are evenly combined and let cook for a minute or so, then add chicken broth (if you are using raw chicken breasts, you can also add them at this time). Cover, and let cook for about 20 mins, until carrots are soft (and raw chicken is fully cooked).
- Then turn off heat. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, peas, and shredded chicken. Adjust sea salt and pepper to taste and let sit a few mins.
- Use a large ladle to serve and enjoy!!
- This soup is full of bright lemony flavor! It is perfect for spring or summer as it’s light yet still very filling. You’ll have plenty of leftovers to enjoy throughout the week as a meal, snack, or appetizer. This recipe is gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, paleo friendly, and low carb so should suit most dietary restrictions. You could also make it vegan by substituting olive oil, veggie broth, and white cannellini beans instead of the chicken. I also think subbing shrimp for the chicken would be lovely! Enjoy!