- * pound grass fed stew meat approximately a
- * organic coconut oil
- * 2 c homemade stock (chicken beef, or veggie)
- * 3-5 carrot peeled and chopped
- * 1 large onion diced
- * 3 stalk celery chopped
- Turn the instant pot to “saute” and add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil.
- When the pot is hot, add the stew meat and brown on all sides.
- Add 1 cup of stock, and secure the lid. Make sure the vent is closed.
- Turn the pot off, then on “manual” (high pressure) for 20 minutes.
- When the pot beeps that 20 minutes is over, do a quick release of the steam and open the pot.
- Add all of the vegetables except for the peas, the rest of the stock, and sprinkle in spices to taste. Stir to combine.
- Replace the lid and close the steam vent. Set the pot on “manual” (high pressure) for another 10 minutes.
- When the pot beeps, let it sit for another 10 minutes (the pot counts up, to help you keep track), THEN quick release the rest of the steam.
- Stir in the arrowroot slurry to thicken the broth a bit, and add however many frozen peas you like. (I like a lot.) The peas will thaw and be warmed by the hot stew without getting mushy or overcooked.