- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 6 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 14.5-oz. can coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh kale, stems removed and shredded
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and crumble. Set aside. Discard the bacon fat from the pan except for one tablespoon.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft. Push the onion to one side and add the chicken to the pan. Lightly brown the chicken, and then stir in the bell peppers and mushrooms. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the bacon.
- Add the white wine vinegar to the pan to deglaze. Add the coconut milk and kale. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the kale is wilted and the sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.