Mediterranean style Salmon Salad for delicious and healthy snacking while out and about.
- 6 ounce can wild-caught boneless, skinless salmon, drained
- 2 small vine ripe tomatoes, no more than 2½ in. diameter
- 1 t. mayonnaise
- 2 t. finely minced red onion
- 2 t. crumbed feta cheese- if you are strict paleo, leave out
- 1 tsp. fresh minced parsley, or ½ tsp. dried
- 8 black olives pitted and chopped
- Ground fresh black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- 2 lemon wedges, halved
- 4 large grease-proof paper cupcake liners
- 2 pint size mason jars
- In a small bowl mix salmon, onions, mayo, cheese, olives, parsley and a few shakes of black pepper.
- Wash and cut tomatoes in half and spoon out the insides to make hollow cups.
- Divide Salmon Salad evenly between each tomato cup, firmly pressing the salad down into each cup.
- Place each salad into a cupcake liner, sprinkle with a bit more pepper, top with a sprig of parsley and a lemon wedge.
- Place two salads down into a Pint jar and store int he refrigerator up to 3 days.