“This recipe omits the beans for a paleo style chili! You can follow directions on stove top or grill top. Feel free to substitute whatever type of meat you’d like to use!”
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add ground beef; cook and stir until meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir green pepper in the hot oil until it starts to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low, stir in garlic, cumin, and chili powder, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix cooked ground beef and tomatoes into green bell pepper mixture, breaking up tomatoes with a spatula. Add 4 cups of water or enough to cover the ingredients, reduce heat to low, and simmer at least 2 hours to blend flavors.